Bala, Ontario Swimming Pool Contractors
This season, you can be swimming in your own pool!
We are AHS, the Award-Winning pool installers located in Bala, Ontario. Whether you want a vinyl, fiberglass, concrete, or insulated concrete form (ICF) pool, we can build it for you in any shape or size. With our 3D design service, you can preview your property before making your investment. We have the expertise to build your perfect swimming pool, so call us today to schedule your in-ground pool installation.
First Things First - Why Choose Us For Your New Pool?
If you’re hesitant about adding a pool to your property due to horror stories from friends and family, you’re in luck. You’ve landed on our website, and we do things right the first time with no hidden fees and complete transparency. Our team of qualified project managers is well-versed in building codes, municipal regulations, and requirements to ensure your satisfaction.
Action Home Services is an industry leader in pool design, construction, and installations throughout Ontario, including Bala. Our strong reputation is built on our dedication, expertise, and innovative designs that result in stress-free experiences and amazing final results for our Canadian clients.
Here are some perks you can expect from working with us:
- We offer complete pool design services
- We provide an all-round package to create a beautiful backyard with your pool as the focal point
- We have distinctive water features that will make your area unique
- A Free, No-Commitment In-Home Estimate
- We use top-notch equipment and construction methods to complete projects quickly and efficiently
- Limited Warranty On Labour (5 Years)
Our team is available to respond to any inquiries you may have. We realize that adding a pool is a substantial expense, so please feel free to contact us without hesitation. We guarantee that we will be understanding and attentive to all of your concerns. Call us today at (647) 937-1023
Don't Know Which Pool To Chose? Here Are The Various Types of Pools We Offer
AHS specializes in constructing swimming pools that cater to your individual requirements. Regardless of whether you have a generous budget at your disposal or are looking for a practical and cost-effective option, we can help you out. We also offer the option of a contemporary and personalized pool if that is what you're looking for. Our goal is to collaborate with you in designing a backyard retreat that your entire family can enjoy. Refer to the list of pool types we offer below to discover the ideal option for your residence.
The 4 Main Types of Pools to Consider: Vinyl | Fiberglass | Concrete | ICF
There are four main types of pools. Each has its own installation process, benefits, and maintenance requirements.
Vinyl pools are the most popular type we’ve installed across Bala, Ontario. They are constructed using a frame made of galvanized steel and concrete with a vinyl liner overtop. these pools can be customized with different colours, patterns, and shapes. they are simple to maintain with the right knowledge.
Fibreglass pools are the quickest and easiest to install. The construction of these pools involves using galvanized steel and concrete frames, with a vinyl liner on top.
Concrete pools are the most luxurious, durable, and customizable option in our arsenal of materials. They might be the priciest because of the way they are built, but their durability and visually appealing look make up for it.
Insulated concrete form (ICF) pools are a cost-effective option that offers the flexibility of using a liner, allowing you to renovate your pool’s appearance at a later time.
We’ve compared the various inground pool types so you don’t have to
|Concrete Pools||Vinyl Pools||Fiberglass Pools||ICF Pools|
||Concrete swimming pools need to be professionally excavated and zone requiring a lot of time and heavy machines.||Vinyl liner pools are quicker to install than concrete but not as swift as fiberglass options.||Fiberglass is the fastest to install due to its dig-and-drop nature and design.||ICF pools take around the same time as concrete pools.|
|Interior Finish Quality
||Concrete pools look gorgeous with minimal effort. They are classic, traditional and aesthetically pleasing.||Vinyl pools have the biggest potential for rips and tears making the quality of the interior much less strong than other pool options.||Fiberglass has been the go-to for pool manufacturers and homeowners for decades. Because of all of the innovation and technology fiberglass pools look beautiful and clean,||ICF pools have two options; you can go with liner or marbelite. Both have their pros and cons, but marbelite looks gorgeous and it is the same finish as concrete.|
||Concrete pools are quickly becoming the chosen type of pool for owners of beautiful homes. Because it is virtually all customizeable, the availability of added features to the pool are endless.||Minimal additional features are available for vinyl liner pools.||Fiberglass pools offer a large variety of added features and skews. They are premade so features have to be added before the size and shape are finialized.||ICF pools are in line wth concrete pools because of their luxurious look and added energy efficiency. They have endless features just like concrete pools.|
||Concrete is robust and strong, it needs little to no maintenance costs to keep it running and looking good.||Vinyl liners need to be maintained with chemicals and other treatments which can make the annual costs higher than concrete pool options.||Fiberglass pools have the highest annual cost of ownership.||ICF pools are robust and strong, with little to no maintenance required. They are more insulated than concrete pools so their energy efficicancy is much higher.|
|Custom Sizing Options
||Endless options of shapes and sizes.||Vinyl pools allow for a medium level of custom shapes and sizes.||Pre-fabricated so sizing is chosen from a manufacturer catalogue.||ICF pools allow for a medium level of custom shapes and sizes.|
||Extremely durable.||Vinyl can rip and tear over time.||Fiberglass is a strong material that holds up extremely well to the elements.||Extremely durable for the marbelite option. For the vinyl liner option, it can rip and tear over time.|
||Concrete pools need to be maintained well to prevent cracks. Marbelite needs to be maintained to ensure mottling doesn't occur.||Maintenance depends on condition of vinyl liner.||Fiberglass needs the least overall maintenance.||Marbelite needs to be maintained well to insure it doesn't start mottling.|
||100 to 200 years.||50 to 100 years.||50 to 100 years.||100 to 200 years.|
||Ranging between $100,000-$300,000.||Ranging between $60,000-$150,000.||Ranging between $60,000-$120,000.||Ranging between $80,000-$240,000.|
Urban Or Rural - We Can Get it Done
We build pools in Bala, Ontario too! AHS is committed to serving you regardless of your location. Our team is always prepared to collaborate with you, having carried out projects in both urban and rural areas throughout the province.
Here’s how we stay so mobile:
Privately Owned Heavy Machinery and Equipment
Over the years, we have gathered a fleet of excavators, cranes, and trucks that are readily available for work in Bala, Ontario. We collaborate with several industry contacts to ensure that our equipment is always job-ready and can construct your pool promptly.
A Family of Dedicated Contractors
Our dedication to delivering excellent service and fostering enduring partnerships with our associates is demonstrated by our contractors who have been working with us for several years. Our team’s proficiency and know-how in managing even the most intricate pool construction projects are guaranteed by our long-standing relationships with our contractors.
Management That is With You Every Step of the Way
At AHS, we believe that building a pool is a joint effort, and it is crucial for the contractor to have transparent communication with their clients during the entire project. Our management team employs a range of tools and techniques to keep our clients informed at all times, including frequent updates on the project’s progress, face-to-face discussions, telephone calls, emails, and more. We’re always available to assist you!
Let's talk money. You might be wondering, "How much will a pool cost in Bala, Ontario?"
There are four major factors that could affect the cost of your new pool. These factors include:
- Type of pool. Above, you can find a chart that displays the varying costs associated with vinyl, fiberglass, concrete, and ICF pools. Each of these pool types are priced differently.
- Size. The greater the size of the pool, the higher the amount of resources, labor, and transportation required. We prioritize transparency and ensure that you are informed about the allocation of every penny spent, even on bigger projects.
- Features. If you are searching for features like diving boards, flagstone, waterfalls, or want additional landscaping for your pool, we can provide all of these services. We are committed to fulfilling your backyard pool oasis vision by providing all the necessary elements.
Here is what you need to provide us before we start working on your pool
We’ll need to know a few basic things about your property to get started:
- The size of your backyard. Could you tell the total area we have to work with? And what portion of this area do you envision being transformed into a stunning pool?
- Foliage. Removing big trees may involve significant effort or even legal authorization.
- Accessibility. Can our team easily access your property? We assure you that we’ll comply with all the government’s safety guidelines while working on it.
- Budget. Our top priority is to overcome this common limitation. We put in our best efforts to ensure that you receive the best value for your money by constructing your backyard pool and its features according to your specific requirements and financial plan.
Building in Bala, Ontario: Permits & Bylaws
AHS is dedicated to offering a hassle-free and thorough pool construction experience for our customers. By providing a one-stop-shop pool construction experience, we can draw and submit permits for pool construction projects.
Our team of experts is well-versed in the regulatory requirements of Bala, Ontario, and can efficiently liaise with our government contacts to secure all necessary permits. You can rest assured that AHS will manage your pool construction project, ensuring that all required permits are obtained before commencing construction.
Experienced, Well-Equipped Professional Pool Contractors
With our state-of-the-art technology and a highly motivated workforce, we are the top choice for efficient and professional pool installations. We are confident in our abilities and guarantee timely completion of all projects. We have performed pool installations with a variety of shapes and sizes: rectangular pools, oval pools, kidney-shaped pools, freeform pools, as well as roman, L-shaped, river-style, and much more.
Are you ready to get started on your Bala, Ontario pool construction project? Contact us today!
Frequently Asked Questions
When considering an in-ground pool installation, it’s crucial to be aware that the price can be considerable, usually starting at $50,000 and varying depending on several factors.
The size and depth of the pool are significant factors that affect the installation cost, as larger and deeper pools require more materials and labor. The type of materials used can also influence the overall cost, with concrete being the most expensive but the most durable, fiberglass being a less expensive option, and vinyl being the most affordable but less long-lasting. Other factors that can impact the cost include the complexity of the installation process, location, permits, and accessories. Choosing a reputable and experienced contractor is crucial, and it’s essential to consider ongoing costs such as maintenance, repairs, and utilities like water and electricity. Neglecting maintenance can lead to expensive repairs in the future, so it’s necessary to factor in these ongoing costs when determining the overall cost of an in-ground pool installation.
The timeline for installing an in-ground pool in Bala, Ontario can vary based on multiple factors such as the pool size and complexity, as well as weather conditions during the installation process. However, generally, it takes around 8 to 12 weeks to complete an in-ground pool installation.
The initial step of installation involves preparing the site, which requires digging up the area where the pool will be placed. The duration of this process may vary between a few days to a week, depending on the pool size, complexity, and soil conditions.
The next step involves installing the pool shell, which can take anywhere from a few days to a week. The installation duration can vary based on the type of pool shell used, with concrete shells taking longer to install than fiberglass or vinyl pools.
Once the pool shell is installed, the next step is to install the pool equipment such as the filter, pump, and heater. It is crucial to ensure that the equipment is correctly installed and functioning properly, and this process can take a few days.
Following the installation of pool equipment, the pool is finished with decking, coping, and other final touches, which can take a few weeks depending on the design complexity and materials used.
It is vital to keep in mind that weather conditions can impact the timeline for an in-ground pool installation. The installation process can be delayed due to extreme temperatures or rainfall, and it’s essential to ensure that the weather conditions are favorable for the installation process to proceed.
Generally, a permit is necessary to install a swimming pool in Bala, Ontario. The process of obtaining a permit may differ based on the municipality, but most cities and towns require a building permit for pool installations. The purpose of the permit is to ensure that the installation meets the local building codes and safety standards, including safety requirements for pool fencing and barriers, location of the pool, and proper installation of electrical and plumbing systems.
To get a building permit for a pool installation in Bala, you typically need to provide a detailed site plan that shows the pool’s location, fencing, and other structures, along with a pool plan that details the pool’s specifications. It’s important to apply for the permit well in advance of the planned installation date, as the process can take several weeks. Failure to obtain a required permit can lead to legal penalties, fines, and affect insurance coverage for the pool.
In addition to the building permit, there may be other permits or approvals necessary based on the municipality and type of pool being installed, such as separate permits for plumbing or electrical work, or approval from the local conservation authority if the pool is near a watercourse or wetland.
Here are some factors to consider when selecting the best location for your pool:
1. Sun exposure: Choose a location that gets enough sun exposure for comfortable swimming.
2. Privacy: Consider the surrounding landscaping and potential sightlines from neighboring properties.
3. Accessibility: Choose a location that is easily accessible from your home and other outdoor living spaces.
4. Safety: Choose a location that is away from hazards like power lines and underground utilities and has stable terrain.
5. Drainage: Consider the natural slope of your yard and any existing drainage systems to prevent water from pooling around the pool.
6. Local zoning regulations: Research local zoning regulations, such as setback requirements, to ensure compliance.
The type of pool you should install depends on your preferences, budget, and specific requirements. There are various options to consider, such as vinyl, fiberglass, concrete, or insulated concrete form (ICF) pools. Each type has its own benefits and considerations. It would be helpful to consult with a pool installation professional who can assess your needs and guide you towards the best choice for your specific circumstances.
To choose the best pool contractor, consider the following factors:
- Experience: It’s important to hire a contractor who has extensive experience in pool installation and a successful track record of completed projects.
- Reputation: Check the contractor’s reputation by reading online reviews, testimonials, and references from previous clients to evaluate their reliability, work quality, and customer service.
- Licenses and insurance: Make sure that the pool contractor has the necessary licenses and insurance to perform the work safely and in compliance with local regulations.
- Communication: Choose a pool contractor who communicates effectively and is available to answer any questions you may have. They should provide regular updates on the progress of the installation.
- Customization: If you have a specific design or feature in mind, look for a contractor who can customize the pool to meet your needs and preferences.
- Warranty: Ensure that the pool contractor offers a warranty or guarantee on their workmanship and materials to provide peace of mind and protect against unexpected issues after the installation is complete.