Arthur, Ontario Swimming Pool Contractors
This season, you can be swimming in your own pool!
If you want to have a pool of your own, contact us at AHS, the orange guys, today. As Award-Winning Pool Installers in Arthur, Ontario, we specialize in in-ground pool installations of all shapes and sizes, including vinyl, fiberglass, concrete, and insulated concrete form (ICF) pools. We offer a 3D design service to help you visualize your property before you make a smart investment. At AHS, we will build the perfect swimming pool for you!
First Things First - Why Choose Us For Your New Pool?
If you’re considering adding a pool to your property but are wary due to negative experiences shared by others, you’ve come to the right place. At AHS, we believe in doing things correctly the first time, without any hidden fees or lack of transparency. Our qualified project managers have a thorough understanding of building codes and municipal regulations, ensuring that you will be satisfied with the end result.
As an industry leader in pool design, construction, and installation in Arthur, Ontario, and beyond, we have earned a strong reputation with our clients. We are committed to delivering stress-free experiences and exceptional final results with our expert team and cutting-edge designs.
Here are some of the benefits you can expect when you choose to work with us:
- We offer complete in-house design services for your pool
- Our services provide a comprehensive solution for creating a stunning backyard focused on your pool
- We have distinctive water features to make your space remarkable
- A Free, No-Commitment In-Home Estimate
- Industry-leading equipment and construction techniques for fast, efficient projects
- Limited Warranty On Labour (5 Years)
We are available to respond to any inquiries you may have. We recognize that installing a pool involves a substantial financial commitment, so please feel free to contact us at any time. We ensure that we will take the time to answer all of your queries and concerns. Call us today at (647) 937-1023
Free In-Home Estimate
Filling out the form is completely free and has no obligations whatsoever. Feel free to ask us anything you'd like, and our representatives will reach out to you shortly.
Don't Know Which Pool To Chose? Here Are The Various Types of Pools We Offer
AHS specializes in constructing swimming pools tailored to your specific requirements. Regardless of your budget, we can build a pool that is practical and affordable, or luxurious and uniquely designed. Our team will collaborate with you to create a backyard oasis that satisfies the entire family. Browse through the various types of pools we offer below and discover the perfect option for your property.
The 4 Main Types of Pools to Consider: Vinyl | Fiberglass | Concrete | ICF
There exist four primary categories of pools, and each one has its unique installation method, advantages, and maintenance demands.
Vinyl pools are popular in Arthur, Ontario, and commonly installed. They have a galvanized steel and concrete frame with a customizable vinyl liner. Maintenance is important but straightforward with the right information.
Fibreglass pools are known for their fast and easy installation process, as they come in a pre-formed shell with a variety of models and features to choose from.
Concrete pools are the most opulent and long-lasting option among the materials we use. They have a highly customizable and appealing appearance, but they are also the most costly due to the building process involved.
Insulated concrete form (ICF) pools are a budget-friendly option that comes with the added advantage of having a liner, giving you the flexibility to renovate your pool in the future.
We’ve compared the various inground pool types so you don’t have to
|Concrete Pools||Vinyl Pools||Fiberglass Pools||ICF Pools|
||Concrete swimming pools need to be professionally excavated and zone requiring a lot of time and heavy machines.||Vinyl liner pools are quicker to install than concrete but not as swift as fiberglass options.||Fiberglass is the fastest to install due to its dig-and-drop nature and design.||ICF pools take around the same time as concrete pools.|
|Interior Finish Quality
||Concrete pools look gorgeous with minimal effort. They are classic, traditional and aesthetically pleasing.||Vinyl pools have the biggest potential for rips and tears making the quality of the interior much less strong than other pool options.||Fiberglass has been the go-to for pool manufacturers and homeowners for decades. Because of all of the innovation and technology fiberglass pools look beautiful and clean,||ICF pools have two options; you can go with liner or marbelite. Both have their pros and cons, but marbelite looks gorgeous and it is the same finish as concrete.|
||Concrete pools are quickly becoming the chosen type of pool for owners of beautiful homes. Because it is virtually all customizeable, the availability of added features to the pool are endless.||Minimal additional features are available for vinyl liner pools.||Fiberglass pools offer a large variety of added features and skews. They are premade so features have to be added before the size and shape are finialized.||ICF pools are in line wth concrete pools because of their luxurious look and added energy efficiency. They have endless features just like concrete pools.|
||Concrete is robust and strong, it needs little to no maintenance costs to keep it running and looking good.||Vinyl liners need to be maintained with chemicals and other treatments which can make the annual costs higher than concrete pool options.||Fiberglass pools have the highest annual cost of ownership.||ICF pools are robust and strong, with little to no maintenance required. They are more insulated than concrete pools so their energy efficicancy is much higher.|
|Custom Sizing Options
||Endless options of shapes and sizes.||Vinyl pools allow for a medium level of custom shapes and sizes.||Pre-fabricated so sizing is chosen from a manufacturer catalogue.||ICF pools allow for a medium level of custom shapes and sizes.|
||Extremely durable.||Vinyl can rip and tear over time.||Fiberglass is a strong material that holds up extremely well to the elements.||Extremely durable for the marbelite option. For the vinyl liner option, it can rip and tear over time.|
||Concrete pools need to be maintained well to prevent cracks. Marbelite needs to be maintained to ensure mottling doesn't occur.||Maintenance depends on condition of vinyl liner.||Fiberglass needs the least overall maintenance.||Marbelite needs to be maintained well to insure it doesn't start mottling.|
||100 to 200 years.||50 to 100 years.||50 to 100 years.||100 to 200 years.|
||Ranging between $100,000-$300,000.||Ranging between $60,000-$150,000.||Ranging between $60,000-$120,000.||Ranging between $80,000-$240,000.|
Urban Or Rural - We Can Get it Done
We build pools in Arthur, Ontario too! AHS has a committed team available to assist you, regardless of your location. Our team has worked in both urban city centers and rural marshlands across the province.
Here’s how we stay so mobile:
Privately Owned Heavy Machinery and Equipment
Over the years, we have gathered several excavators, cranes, and trucks, which are always prepared to work in Arthur, Ontario, at any given time. We collaborate with multiple contacts in the industry to keep our equipment ready and running smoothly, enabling us to construct your pool without any delays.
A Family of Dedicated Contractors
Our team has developed long-term partnerships with contractors who have been working with us for decades. This demonstrates our dedication to providing excellent service and building enduring relationships with our partners. These long-term connections guarantee that our team has the necessary knowledge and expertise to undertake even the most intricate pool construction projects.
Management That is With You Every Step of the Way
Constructing a pool involves teamwork, and effective communication between the contractor and customer is crucial throughout the process. To maintain open communication lines, AHS’s management team uses various techniques and tools to keep in touch with their clients, including regular progress reports, face-to-face discussions, phone calls, emails, and other methods. We prioritize being available and responsive to you throughout the entire project.
Let's talk money. You might be wondering, "How much will a pool cost in Arthur, Ontario?"
Four significant elements could impact the price of your new pool, which are:
- Type of pool. The chart (above) provides information on the varying price ranges of vinyl, fiberglass, concrete, and ICF pools.
- Size. On bigger pool projects, more materials, transportation, and labor are required, which increases the cost. We are open and honest about our pricing, and ensure that you are fully informed about where your money is being allocated, even on larger projects.
- Features. Whether you want waterfalls, diving boards, flagstone, or additional landscaping, we have you covered. We offer everything you need to create your perfect backyard pool oasis just the way you envision it.
Here is what you need to provide us before we start working on your pool
To initiate the process, we require some fundamental information regarding your property:
- The size of your backyard. What is the total area of your property that we will be working on? How much of this area do you want to be designated for the construction of the pool?
- Foliage. Large trees may necessitate the use of resources or even a permit to remove.
- Accessibility. Can our team easily reach your property? We’ll ensure to comply with all relevant safety guidelines set forth by the government while making it work.
- Budget. This is the most frequent limitation. We put in a lot of effort to maximize the value of your investment, constructing your pool and additional features to suit your requirements and financial plan.
Building in Arthur, Ontario: Permits & Bylaws
At AHS, we strive to offer a hassle-free and efficient pool construction experience for our clients. Obtaining permits is one aspect of this, and our team is equipped to handle it all. With our knowledge and experience of the regulatory requirements in Arthur, Ontario, we can quickly and efficiently work with government contacts to obtain all necessary permits.
By choosing AHS, you can rest assured that your pool construction project will be managed by a team of experts who will ensure that all required permits are obtained prior to beginning construction.
Experienced, Well-Equipped Professional Pool Contractors
Our expertise in pool installations, combined with our state-of-the-art technology and dedicated workers, make us the top choice for timely and professional pool installations. We have performed pool installations with a variety of shapes and sizes: rectangular pools, oval pools, kidney-shaped pools, freeform pools, as well as roman, L-shaped, river-style, and much more.
Are you ready to get started on your Arthur, Ontario pool construction project? Contact us today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Installing an in-ground pool can be an expensive investment, with costs starting at $50,000 and potentially increasing based on several factors. Factors such as pool size and depth can impact costs, with larger and deeper pools requiring more materials and labor. Consideration of the pool’s intended use can help determine the size and depth to keep costs in check. The materials used in pool construction, such as concrete, fiberglass, or vinyl, can also impact the cost. The installation process’s complexity, such as site excavation or uneven terrain, can also affect costs, along with location, permits, and accessories.
Choosing a reputable and experienced contractor is crucial, as costs can vary among contractors. Obtain multiple quotes, check references, and read online reviews to ensure quality installation. Ongoing costs, such as maintenance, repairs, and utilities like water and electricity, should also be considered when evaluating the overall cost of installing an in-ground pool. Proper maintenance is essential for preserving the pool’s longevity and avoiding costly repairs in the future.
The duration of an in-ground pool installation in Arthur, Ontario may vary depending on factors such as pool size and complexity, as well as weather conditions during the installation process. However, on average, an in-ground pool installation takes around 8 to 12 weeks.
The first step in the installation process is to prepare the site by excavating the area where the pool will be placed, which can take several days or up to a week, depending on the pool’s size and complexity and the soil conditions.
After the site preparation, the pool shell is typically installed, which can take several days or up to a week, depending on the type of pool shell used. Concrete pools require longer installation times than vinyl or fiberglass pools.
Once the pool shell is in place, the pool equipment is installed, including the pump, filter, and heater, which takes a few days to ensure correct functionality.
The final step involves finishing the pool with decking, coping, and other necessary details, which may take a few weeks depending on the design complexity and materials used.
However, weather conditions can also impact the installation timeline, as rain or extreme temperatures can lead to delays in the installation process, and it’s important to ensure favorable weather conditions to carry out the installation process.
Typically, a building permit is required to install a swimming pool in Arthur, Ontario. The exact requirements for obtaining a permit may vary depending on the municipality, but most cities and towns require a building permit for pool installation to ensure compliance with local building codes and safety standards.
The permit process usually involves submitting a detailed site plan that shows the pool’s location, fencing, and other relevant structures, as well as a pool plan that includes information on the pool’s size, shape, depth, and other specifications. Obtaining a permit can take several weeks, so it’s important to apply well in advance of the installation date to avoid potential fines, legal penalties, and issues with insurance coverage.
Additionally, other permits or approvals may be required depending on the municipality and pool type, such as permits for electrical or plumbing work or approval from the local conservation authority for installation near a watercourse or wetland.
When selecting a location for your pool, there are various factors to take into account. Initially, you’ll need to ensure that the chosen area is spacious enough to accommodate the size of the pool you have in mind. Next, you’ll need to guarantee that there’s enough space around the edges of the pool for safety purposes. Lastly, it’s vital to factor in aspects such as sunlight exposure and drainage when deciding on a location for your pool.
Selecting the right location for your pool is critical in ensuring that it meets your needs and is safe for use. Here are some factors to consider when selecting a location for your pool:
1. Sunlight: To keep the water warm and comfortable, choose a location with adequate sunlight. Check the orientation of the backyard and potential obstructions that can block the sun.
2. Privacy: Choose a pool location that offers some privacy from passersby or neighbors. Consider the surrounding landscape and whether there are sightlines from neighboring properties.
3. Accessibility: Select a location that is easily accessible from your home and other outdoor spaces. Check the foot traffic flow and proximity to other outdoor amenities like decks, patios, and outdoor kitchens.
4. Safety: Consider potential hazards and choose a location that is away from power lines, underground utilities, and slopes that can pose safety risks. Make sure the surrounding area is stable.
5. Drainage: Proper drainage is necessary to prevent water pooling around the pool, causing damage and posing safety hazards. Consider the slope of the yard and existing drainage systems when selecting a location.
6. Local regulations: Research local zoning regulations to ensure that your location complies with local requirements. Some municipalities have setback requirements that determine how far the pool should be from property lines or other structures.
At Action Home Services, we offer a comprehensive pool installation service that covers all aspects of the project. Before selecting a contractor, we suggest considering the following:
1. Experience: It’s important to choose a pool contractor who has extensive experience in the industry, including a successful track record of pool installations and a portfolio of completed projects.
2. Reputation: Consider the contractor’s reputation within the community by checking online reviews, testimonials, and references from previous clients to assess their reliability, quality of work, and customer service.
3. Licenses and insurance: Ensure that the contractor has the necessary licenses and insurance to perform the work safely and in compliance with local regulations to protect you from liability.
4. Communication: Look for a contractor who communicates clearly and effectively throughout the installation process and provides regular updates on the project’s progress.
5. Customization: If you have specific design preferences or requirements, choose a contractor who can customize the pool to meet your needs and expectations.
6. Warranty: Ensure that the contractor provides a warranty or guarantee on their workmanship and materials to provide you with peace of mind and protection against any unforeseen issues after installation.