Angus, Ontario Swimming Pool Contractors
This season, you can be swimming in your own pool!
If you want to have your own pool, contact us at AHS, the Award-Winning Pool Installers in Angus, Ontario. We specialize in in-ground pool installations of all sizes and shapes, including vinyl, fiberglass, concrete, and insulated concrete form (ICF) pools. Our 3D design service allows you to visualize your property before making a smart investment. We will build the perfect swimming pool for you!
First Things First - Why Choose Us For Your New Pool?
If you are considering adding a new swimming pool to your property but have heard negative stories from friends and family, you’re not alone. However, you’ve come to the right place because we at Action Home Services do things right the first time. We are transparent with our pricing and have no hidden fees. Our team of qualified project managers knows the building code, municipal regulations, and requirements to ensure your satisfaction with the final result.
Action Home Services is a leading industry expert in designing, building, and installing swimming pools in Angus, Ontario and throughout the province. Our dedication to our craft, talented team, and cutting-edge designs have earned us a strong reputation with our clients over the years. We pride ourselves on delivering stress-free experiences to Canadians everywhere, and we ensure amazing results every time.
Here are some perks you can expect from working with us:
- We offer complete pool design services in-house
- We provide a comprehensive solution to creating a beautiful backyard that centers around your pool
- We offer distinct water features that will help your area to stand out
- A Free, No-Commitment In-Home Estimate
- Our fast and efficient projects are made possible by our use of industry-leading construction techniques and equipment.
- Limited Warranty On Labour (5 Years)
If you have any questions, our team is prepared to provide answers. We recognize that adding a pool is a substantial investment, so please don’t hesitate to contact us. We assure you that we will be patient and attentive in addressing all of your concerns. Call us today at (647) 937-1023
Don't Know Which Pool To Chose? Here Are The Various Types of Pools We Offer
At AHS, we specialize in constructing swimming pools that are tailored to your individual requirements. It doesn't matter if you have an unlimited budget as a millionaire or need a pool that is practical and reasonably priced. Perhaps you have a vision of a contemporary and personalized pool – we can cater to all your needs. We collaborate with you to produce a backyard oasis that your entire family will enjoy. Check out the various kinds of pools that we can build for you below and discover the ideal match for your home:
The 4 Main Types of Pools to Consider: Vinyl | Fiberglass | Concrete | ICF
Four primary categories of pools exist, and each one has its unique installation procedure, advantages, and maintenance demands.
Vinyl pools are the most popular type we’ve installed across Angus, Ontario. They consist of a frame composed of galvanized steel and concrete, with a vinyl liner on top. These pools can be personalized with various hues, designs, and forms. They are easy to maintain with proper knowledge.
Fibreglass pools are the simplest and quickest to install, as they come in a pre-formed shell with different models and features.
Concrete pools, although the most expensive due to their construction process, are the most opulent, long-lasting, and adaptable alternative in our range of materials. The high cost is justified by their durability and undoubtedly appealing appearance.
Insulated concrete form (ICF) pools are comparatively more budget-friendly. They also offer the option to use a liner, which allows for the possibility of refreshing the pool’s appearance in the future.
We’ve compared the various inground pool types so you don’t have to
|Concrete Pools||Vinyl Pools||Fiberglass Pools||ICF Pools|
||Concrete swimming pools need to be professionally excavated and zone requiring a lot of time and heavy machines.||Vinyl liner pools are quicker to install than concrete but not as swift as fiberglass options.||Fiberglass is the fastest to install due to its dig-and-drop nature and design.||ICF pools take around the same time as concrete pools.|
|Interior Finish Quality
||Concrete pools look gorgeous with minimal effort. They are classic, traditional and aesthetically pleasing.||Vinyl pools have the biggest potential for rips and tears making the quality of the interior much less strong than other pool options.||Fiberglass has been the go-to for pool manufacturers and homeowners for decades. Because of all of the innovation and technology fiberglass pools look beautiful and clean,||ICF pools have two options; you can go with liner or marbelite. Both have their pros and cons, but marbelite looks gorgeous and it is the same finish as concrete.|
||Concrete pools are quickly becoming the chosen type of pool for owners of beautiful homes. Because it is virtually all customizeable, the availability of added features to the pool are endless.||Minimal additional features are available for vinyl liner pools.||Fiberglass pools offer a large variety of added features and skews. They are premade so features have to be added before the size and shape are finialized.||ICF pools are in line wth concrete pools because of their luxurious look and added energy efficiency. They have endless features just like concrete pools.|
||Concrete is robust and strong, it needs little to no maintenance costs to keep it running and looking good.||Vinyl liners need to be maintained with chemicals and other treatments which can make the annual costs higher than concrete pool options.||Fiberglass pools have the highest annual cost of ownership.||ICF pools are robust and strong, with little to no maintenance required. They are more insulated than concrete pools so their energy efficicancy is much higher.|
|Custom Sizing Options
||Endless options of shapes and sizes.||Vinyl pools allow for a medium level of custom shapes and sizes.||Pre-fabricated so sizing is chosen from a manufacturer catalogue.||ICF pools allow for a medium level of custom shapes and sizes.|
||Extremely durable.||Vinyl can rip and tear over time.||Fiberglass is a strong material that holds up extremely well to the elements.||Extremely durable for the marbelite option. For the vinyl liner option, it can rip and tear over time.|
||Concrete pools need to be maintained well to prevent cracks. Marbelite needs to be maintained to ensure mottling doesn't occur.||Maintenance depends on condition of vinyl liner.||Fiberglass needs the least overall maintenance.||Marbelite needs to be maintained well to insure it doesn't start mottling.|
||100 to 200 years.||50 to 100 years.||50 to 100 years.||100 to 200 years.|
||Ranging between $100,000-$300,000.||Ranging between $60,000-$150,000.||Ranging between $60,000-$120,000.||Ranging between $80,000-$240,000.|
Urban Or Rural - We Can Get it Done
We build pools in Angus, Ontario too! AHS has a committed team prepared to collaborate with you, regardless of your location. We have served clients throughout the province, from urban city centers to remote marshlands.
Here’s how we stay so mobile:
Privately Owned Heavy Machinery and Equipment
Over the years, we have acquired a range of excavators, cranes, and trucks that are readily available for use in Angus, Ontario. We have established partnerships with industry contacts to ensure that our equipment is always in optimal condition and ready for the job, enabling us to construct your pool without any delays.
A Family of Dedicated Contractors
Our contractors have been working with us for many years, which speaks to our dedication to delivering high-quality service and building strong partnerships. By maintaining these long-term relationships, we can guarantee that our team has the expertise and experience necessary to handle even the most challenging pool construction projects.
Management That is With You Every Step of the Way
To ensure a successful pool construction project, effective communication between the contractor and customer is crucial. At AHS, we understand this and prioritize maintaining open communication with our clients throughout the project. Our management team uses various methods to stay in touch, including regular progress updates, in-person meetings, phone calls, emails, and other tools. Rest assured that we are here for you every step of the way.
Let's talk money. You might be wondering, "How much will a pool cost in Angus, Ontario?"
There are four primary aspects that may impact the price of your upcoming pool project. These aspects comprise:
- Type of pool. Vinyl, fibreglass, concrete, and ICF pools have different price ranges, which can be viewed in the chart (above).
- Size. The greater the size of the pool, the higher the cost of materials, transportation, and labor. We believe in transparency and ensure that even on significant projects, you have visibility into every dollar spent.
- Features. Whether you’re interested in waterfalls, diving boards, flagstone, or other landscaping features, we’re equipped to handle it all. Our goal is to create a backyard pool oasis that is exactly as you’ve envisioned, and we’re committed to making that happen in any way we can.
Here is what you need to provide us before we start working on your pool
To commence with the project, we would require some fundamental information about your property:
- The size of your backyard. What is the total area of your property that we will be working on? And what portion of this area do you envision as a stunning pool?
- Foliage. Large trees may necessitate resources and possibly require a permit for removal.
- Accessibility. Can our team easily access your property? We’ll ensure that we follow all safety guidelines set by the government while making necessary arrangements to get the job done.
- Budget. This is a commonly encountered limitation. We strive to maximize the value of your investment by constructing your pool and features in a way that meets both your requirements and financial resources.
Building in Angus, Ontario: Permits & Bylaws
At AHS, we are dedicated to delivering an effortless and complete pool construction experience to our clients. One way we achieve this is through our capability to draw and submit permits for pool construction projects. Our skilled team is well-versed in the regulatory demands of Angus, Ontario, and can efficiently collaborate with our government associates to obtain all mandatory permits.
When you partner with AHS, you can rest easy knowing that your pool construction plan is in the hands of competent professionals who will ensure that all necessary permits are secured before starting construction.
Experienced, Well-Equipped Professional Pool Contractors
Our skilled workers are equipped with state-of-the-art technology and are highly motivated to deliver exceptional results, making us the ideal choice for your professional pool installation needs. Our team has vast experience installing pools of different shapes and sizes: rectangular pools, oval pools, kidney-shaped pools, freeform pools, as well as roman, L-shaped, river-style, and much more.
Are you ready to get started on your Angus, Ontario pool construction project? Contact us today!
Frequently Asked Questions
If you’re planning to install an in-ground pool, it’s essential to know that it can be quite costly. The price of an in-ground pool installation generally begins at $50,000 and can increase depending on several factors.
The size and depth of the pool are critical factors that impact the overall cost of installation. A larger or deeper pool needs more materials and labor, which increases the installation cost. It’s essential to consider the intended use of the pool when deciding on the size and depth to avoid unnecessary expenses.
The materials used in constructing an in-ground pool also affect the cost. Concrete is the most durable and long-lasting but is also the most expensive. Fiberglass is cheaper but may not be suitable for all soil types and has limited design options. Vinyl is an affordable and popular option, but it’s not as long-lasting as concrete or fiberglass.
The complexity of the installation process is another cost factor. Extensive excavation, sloped or uneven terrain, and other factors can increase installation costs. Location, permits, and accessories can also affect the overall cost.
Choosing a reputable and experienced contractor is crucial when installing an in-ground pool. Installation costs can vary, so it’s essential to get multiple quotes and compare them. Checking online reviews and asking for references can help ensure you select a qualified contractor.
It’s also crucial to consider the ongoing costs associated with an in-ground pool, such as maintenance, repairs, and utilities. Proper maintenance is necessary for the pool’s longevity, and neglecting maintenance can lead to costly repairs. Ongoing costs should be factored into the overall cost of an in-ground pool installation.
The duration of an in-ground pool installation project in Angus, Ontario can vary depending on several factors such as the size, complexity, and weather conditions during installation. However, the average time frame for completing an in-ground pool installation is typically 8 to 12 weeks.
The first step in the installation process is site preparation which involves excavating the area where the pool will be installed. The duration of this process depends on the pool’s size, complexity, and soil conditions.
After site preparation, the pool shell is installed, which can take several days to a week. The installation time depends on the type of pool shell used. For instance, concrete pools take longer to install than fiberglass or vinyl pools.
The following step is to install the pool equipment, such as the pump, filter, and heater, which can take several days to complete. Proper installation of the equipment is essential to ensure their proper functioning.
Finally, the pool is completed with decking, coping, and other finishing touches which can take a few weeks to complete depending on the design complexity and materials used.
It’s worth noting that the project’s timeline can be delayed by weather conditions such as rain or extreme temperatures, and it’s crucial to ensure suitable weather conditions for the installation process.
Typically, a building permit is necessary to install a swimming pool in Angus, Ontario, and the specific requirements for obtaining a permit may vary depending on the municipality. The main purpose of the building permit is to ensure that the pool installation adheres to local building codes and safety standards, such as the distance from property lines and the safety of the pool fencing and barriers, as well as the proper installation of electrical and plumbing systems.
To obtain a building permit, a detailed site plan and pool plan may need to be submitted, which should include the pool’s size, shape, depth, and other specifications. It’s important to note that the process of obtaining a building permit may take several weeks, so it’s advisable to apply for the permit well in advance of the installation date. Failure to obtain the necessary permit can result in fines, legal penalties, and may even affect the pool’s insurance coverage. It’s also possible that other permits or approvals may be required, such as those for electrical or plumbing work or from the local conservation authority for installing a pool near a watercourse or wetland, depending on the municipality and the pool’s type.
Here are some factors to consider when selecting the best location for your pool:
1. Sun exposure: Choose a location that gets enough sun exposure for comfortable swimming.
2. Privacy: Consider the surrounding landscaping and potential sightlines from neighboring properties.
3. Accessibility: Choose a location that is easily accessible from your home and other outdoor living spaces.
4. Safety: Choose a location that is away from hazards like power lines and underground utilities and has stable terrain.
5. Drainage: Consider the natural slope of your yard and any existing drainage systems to prevent water from pooling around the pool.
6. Local zoning regulations: Research local zoning regulations, such as setback requirements, to ensure compliance.
The type of pool you should install depends on your preferences, budget, and specific requirements. There are various options to consider, such as vinyl, fiberglass, concrete, or insulated concrete form (ICF) pools. Each type has its own benefits and considerations. It would be helpful to consult with a pool installation professional who can assess your needs and guide you towards the best choice for your specific circumstances.
Action Home Services offers a comprehensive range of services. Here are some tips on what to consider before choosing a contractor:
1. Experience: It’s important to choose a pool contractor who has extensive experience in the industry. You should look for a contractor with a track record of successful pool installations and a portfolio of completed projects.
2. Reputation: Check the contractor’s reputation in the community. You can do this by reading online reviews, testimonials, and contacting previous clients to determine the contractor’s reliability, quality of work, and customer service.
3. Licenses and insurance: Make sure that the pool contractor has the required licenses and insurance to carry out the work. This will protect you from liability and ensure that the work complies with local regulations.
4. Communication: Choose a pool contractor who communicates effectively and clearly during the installation process. They should be willing to answer your questions and provide regular updates on the installation’s progress.
5. Customization: If you have a specific design or feature in mind for your pool, look for a contractor who can customize the pool to your preferences and needs.
6. Warranty: Check that the pool contractor provides a warranty or guarantee on their workmanship and materials. This will give you peace of mind and protect you from unexpected problems that may arise after the installation is completed.